A TOTAL Fire Ban has been declared for the Gloucester Shire and the entire north coast and Hunter regions for Thursday.
The Rural Fire Service issued the ban late this afternoon (Wednesday) due to forecast hot and windy conditions.
The Total Fire Ban will commence at midnight tonight and remain in place until midnight Thursday.
The Bureau of Meteorology has advised that the Fire Danger Rating for the shire will be ‘Severe’.
On a day of Total Fire Ban, there is a ban on any fires out in the open.
People should report any unattended fires to 000 (Triple Zero).
A gas or electric barbeque is allowed, but only if:
- It is on a residential property within 20m of the house or dwelling.
- It is in a picnic area and approved by council, National Parks or State Forests.
- It is under the direct control of a responsible adult.
- The ground around the barbecue is cleared for 2m of all material that can burn.
- You have an immediate and continuous supply of water available.
For full details on Total Fire Ban rules and a map of current Total Fire Bans visit www.rfs.nsw.gov.au