Home damaged by fire

AN oil fire has left a home on Philip St badly damaged.

NSW Fire and Rescue crews from the Gloucester brigade were called to the home about 8.19pm last Wednesday night.

A spokesman for the service said hot oil left on the stove unattended had ignited.

The fire was extinguished before the arrival of Fire and Rescue crews, who monitored the home to ensure no further flare ups occurred.

The kitchen suffered significant fire damage.

Other rooms suffered some smoke damage.

Fire and Rescue NSW reminds home owners not to leave oil or any other items on the stove unattended and that your home is fitted with a fully functioning fire extinguisher.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop