The management team at MidCoast Council is preparing to visit communities across the region as the next round of community update meetings rolls out during October.
A regular fixture since the formation of MidCoast Council in May 2016, this round of meetings will be hosted in 10 locations by general manager Glenn Handford and senior executive team from across council. The sessions, which include the introduction of the new councillors, begin on October 10 and run until October 31.
“The format of the update sessions is designed to bring the community along our journey as we address community priorities in a strategic and considered manner,” said Mr Handford.
The agenda for the October meetings will include a progress update and achievements since merger, strategies being developed for the year ahead, and plans that are in place to address issues the community has identified as priorities. “We’ll also outline the process for drafting the Community Strategic Plan, which is an important roadmap capturing the desires and aspirations of our community into the future.”
The MidCoast Council team encourages the community to come along, meet the new councillors, ask questions and provide feedback:
- Forster, Council chambers, Tuesday October 10, 10am - noon
- Taree, Council chambers, Wednesday October 11, 6pm - 8pm
- Gloucester, Senior Citizens Centre, Thursday October 12, 5.30pm - 7.30pm
- Hallidays Point, Black Head SLSC, Tuesday October 17, 6pm - 8pm
- Tea Gardens, Baptist Church, Wednesday October 18, 6pm - 8pm
- Harrington, Function Centre, Thursday October 19, 6pm - 8pm
- Wingham, Services Club, Tuesday October 24, 6pm - 8pm
- Bulahdelah, School of Arts, Thursday 26 October, 6pm - 8pm
- Old Bar, Club Old Bar, Monday October 30, 6pm - 8pm
- Stroud, School of Arts, October 31, 6pm - 8pm