Johnny Martin Oval will be packed with 450 cars and bikes on Sunday, October 29 for a family day of fun for a good cause.
Following the success of the inaugural Valley Industries Autofest in Manning Street last year, organisers have moved the event to the Johnny Martin Oval in Wynter Street for 2017 to accomodate more vehicles and more people.
Bringing together the many car and bike enthusiasts around the area to help raise funds for Valley Industries was a win/win.
There will be plenty to see and do, such as Club Taree jumping castle, skateboard and scooter competition, emergency services displays by Taree Fire Brigade, SES and local police, local car yards having displays of new vehicles, a Quota ladies stall with home made cakes and sweets for sale, a variety of food stalls including Mr Whippy and Saxby’s Soft Drinks, Shannon’s Insurance marquee and a Port Macquarie Harley Davison bike display.
Taree Lions will also be selling ‘ducks’ to be included in the Tastefest duck race on January 13 next year.
The event will run on Sunday, October 29 from 9.30am to 5pm. Entry: Adults $2, family $5, show vehicle $10
- Knit and Knatter at Forster Library, 10am to 12pm.
- Storytime at Hallidays Point Library, 10.30am to 11.30am,
- Justice Crew perform at Manning Entertainment Centre as part of their “Kick Ons” tour. Show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets available online.
- Mount George Village Markets, 8am to 12pm at the Mount George Hall.
- Nabiac Farmers Markets, 8am to 12pm at Nabiac Showground.
- Tuncurry Markets, 8am to 1pm at John Wright Park, Tuncurry.
- Bees wax wraps workshop, 1pm to 3pm at the Cundletown Community Garden. Cost $20.
- Scraps to Soil workshop, 1pm to 3pm at the Bucketts Way Neighbourhood Centre, Gloucester. Cost $20.
- Bobin Hall Markets, 9am to 2pm at Bulga Road, Bobin.
- Pacific Palms Markets, 9am to 1pm at Pacific Palms Community Centre, Elizabeth Beach.