Around 30 local businesses attended the Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Survey Launch on Monday, August 15 held at the Senior Citizens Hall.
The project is designed to help grow business and improve economic development in Gloucester.
Suzette Gaff, Business Development Manager, Hunter NSW Department of Industry, Regional Development spoke about the importance getting as many businesses as possible taking part in the BRE survey. She said this would help to ensure Gloucester has comprehensive overview of local business for future economic development activities.
The aims of the survey are as follows to:
- Provide a snapshot of the business community in Gloucester
- Connect businesses to resources and assistance program
- Identify needs, issues concerns and opportunities of local businesses
- Identify impediments to business development
- Develop strategies and actions that will support economic development and growth in local employment
- Increase competitiveness of local businesses allowing them to capitalize on opportunities.
A local supply chain survey has been included to determine the volume and types of business expenditure within and outside of the Gloucester area and identify opportunities for new businesses in Gloucester
The information collected will help to plan future business events, training and marketing workshops.
Businesses are encouraged to participate online:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Gloucester_Business_Survey_2016 or via the Gloucester Business Chamber’s website at www.gloucesterchamber.com.au
This survey is being conducted by the Gloucester Business Chamber and funded by the NSW Department of Industry.
It’s a joint project supported by MidCoast Council, Destination Gloucester, Advance Gloucester and Gloucester Tourism. The survey takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
Enquiries to Jenny Barrie, Project Manager on 0411 222 429 or firstname.lastname@example.org