Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Mid North Coast.
Locations which may be affected include Gloucester, Barrington Tops and Dungog
The State Emergency Service advises people should:
* Move your car under cover.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
For updates visit: www.bom.gov.au/australia/warnings/?ref=ftr