Several libraries in the Manning will host movie screenings for children as part of the MidCoast Libraries summer holidays program.
Harrington Library will show ‘The Lego Batman Movie’ on Friday, January 5 from 10.30am to 12.15pm.
At Hallidays Point Library, ‘Cars 3’ will be shown on Tuesday, January 9 from 2pm to 3.45pm.
‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul’ will screen at Wingham Library on Monday, January 15 at 2.30pm to 4pm and ‘Captain Underpants’ will be shown at Taree Library on Monday, January 22 from 2pm to 3.30pm.
Bookings to all screenings are essential. Screenings are supervised and entry is free.
Parents must supervise children five years and under. Bring your own cushion to sit on.
- Wingham Summertime Rodeo at Wingham Showground. Gates open at noon with main events to start at 6pm. Admission prices are $15 for adults, $10 pensioners and children aged 12 to 17 years, $5 for children five to 11 years and children under five are free.
- Round six of the North Coast Surf Boat Series hosted by Taree Old Bar Surf Club. Action gets underway at 11am.
- Bulls on the Beach rodeo at Old Bar Tavern. Events start around 2pm and is set to run for three hours.
- Under the Southern Stars festival at Harry Elliott Oval, Tuncurry.
- ‘Spectacle of the Harbour’ exhibition by Ken Strong will open at the Gloucester Gallery, 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
- Black Head Bazaar, 8am to 1pm at Wylie Breckenridge Park, Black Head.
- The Stan Austin Carnival commences. Eight sides will contest the junior cricket competition.
- ‘Scratch Art’ at the Taree Library on Tuesday, January 9. 2pm to 3pm. Ages four and up. Parents must supervise children five years and under.