What’s on in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester.
Manning Regional Art Gallery and Manning Valley Neighbourhood Services will hold Cultures in the Manning Stories 2018 on Saturday, November 10.
In celebration of the Manning Valley’s cultural richness, the event, at the gallery, is a platform to share the cultural stories of our diverse community through art, music, performance and storytelling.
The morning session will feature Biripi and migrant journey stories in a question and answer style, as well as a number of cultural performances.
A shared lunch will follow and lead into the afternoon session launch at 2pm.
The afternoon session will include two cultural projects.
Birds of a Feather is an exhibition of work by the multicultural women’s group while Manning Migrants is a public art project that introduces us to migrants living and working in the Manning Valley, photographed by Wauchope’s Ronnie Grammatica.
- Rudi’s Market, 8am to 2pm at 12 Kanangra Drive, Taree.
- Storytime at Hallidays Point Library, 10.30am to 11.30am.
- Forster-Tuncurry Marine Rescue Christmas morning tea, 9.30am to noon at the Marine Rescue building. Cost- $10.
- Gloucester Farmers Market, 8am to noon at Billabong Park.
- Johns River Community Market, 8am to 12.30pm at Johns River Community Hall.
- Wingham Community Market, 8am to noon at Wingham Skate Park.
- Classical Guitar and Saxaphone recital, from 2pm at St Paul’s Anglican Church, Gloucester. Adults- $15 and pensioners $10.
- Friends of the Forster Library trivia night, 7pm to 10pm at Tuncurry Memorial Hall. Cost- $10 per person.
- Cinema Under the Stars to show ‘The Greatest Showman’ at Bicentennial Park, Forster. Activities begin at 5.30pm.
- Forster Town Markets, 8am to 2pm at Town Park.
- Cundletown Community Market, 8.30am to noon at Cundletown Community Centre.
- Burrell Creek Markets, 9am to 12.30pm at Burrell Creek Hall.
- Gloucester barefoot bowls day, from 9.30am at Gloucester Bowling Club. $12 per person. Proceeds go to the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service.
- Life Drawing Studio, 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Manning Regional Art Gallery. Cost- $15.