The two exhibitions of acclaimed Australian artists Stewart MacFarlane and Kate Dorrough will provide a feast for the senses and a perfect mix of styles, when they open at Manning Regional Art Gallery on July 27.
Stuart's exhibition 'The Real World' features works that span his 40 year career as a painter. Kate's work 'The Lyrical River' includes paintings, ceramics, sculpture, video and fabric based installations that explore the Manning River.
- Art exhibitions at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, Kate Dorrough - The Lyrical River, Stewart MacFarlane - The Real World. Gallery hours: Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 1pm to 4pm.
- Taree and District Garden Club's 40th annual Camellia Show, at Club Taree on Friday and Saturday. Official opening 11am Friday, doors open 10am. Admission $2.
- Chill Out Winter Festival, 9am to 3pm, Saturday and Sunday in Church Street, Gloucester, includes market stalls, street entertainment, carnival rides, children's activities, gourmet food, and local wine and cheese, plus the Gloucester Aero Club Fly In, starts 7am Saturday at Gloucester Airfield.
- Aussie Night Markets (in conjunction with the Chill Out Festival at Gloucester), Friday and Saturday, 4pm to 9pm at Farley Cricket Oval, Gloucester.
- Tail Runner - Riverwood Trail Run (dos friendly trail run and walk), 9am to 4pm at Riverwood Downs. Saturday includes timed events for the 15km, 30km, 55km, Sunday is the Family 4km Fun Run and Relay Event.
- Jeff Wilcox Memorial bodyboarding competition, 7am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday at Tuncurry Nine Mile Beach.
- Lake View Gallery Exhibition, featuring the work of Rachel Reading, Shaun Clark, Trisha Fitzpatrick and Cathie Garrod from 11am daily at the Pacific Palms Recreation Club.
- Pix from the Stix photography exhibition, 10am to 4pm daily at the Gloucester Gallery, Denison Street, Gloucester.
- Kiwarrak Cup Endurance Ride, Saturday and Sunday, starting from Careys Road, Hillville. Various events over two days.
- Free your mind Friday, 10.30am to 12.30pm at Taree Library, a morning of knitting, colouring, Sudoku, crosswords and more.
- Rudi's Farmers Market, 8am to 2pm, corner of Kanangra and Bushland Drives, Taree.
- Tucker Patch Farmgate Stall, 9am to 11am at Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Road, Gloucester.
- Preschool Storytime at Hallidays Point Library, 10.30am to 11.30am.
- Preschool Storytime at Stroud Library, 10.30am to 11.30am.
- Taree parkrun, 8am start from Endeavour Place.
- Forster parkrun, 8am start, at the Bicentennial Walk in the Pebbly Beach parkland off Head Street, Forster.
- Old Bar Pirates Rugby League Club Autism Charity Day, junior games 9.30am to 11.30am, league tag at 11.30am, first grade 3pm. Charity auction from 6.30pm to 7.30pm at Club Old Bar.
- From Hidden Valleys film premiere (a short nature film with soundtrack by local composer, Jonathan Billingham) and gala concert featuring music by Tchaikovsky, Liszt and Rachmaninov for violin, cello, clarinet and piano, 2pm at the Manning Entertainment Centre. Tickets: Child $15, pensioner $25, senior $30, adult $35.
- Opening of Kate Dorrough - The Lyrical River and Stewart MacFarlane - The Real World exhibitions, 2pm at the Manning Regional Art Gallery. Free entry.
- Tuncurry Markets, 8am to 1pm at John Wright Park, Tuncurry.
- Wallis Lake and Tuncurry-Forster Football Mid North Coast premiere league game at Boronia Park, first grade game 5pm. Proceeds to Samuel Brett Nelson Kickstart Charity, go to various school programs.
- Nabiac Farmers Market, 8am to noon at Nabiac Showground, Nabiac.
- Three Brothers Produce Market, 8am to noon at Johns River Community Hall.
- Community Market Day, organised by residents of Great Lakes Riverside Living, 8am to noon, Failford Road, Failford.
- Devil Ark/Aussie Ark 2.5 hour escorted tour, 10am to 12.20pm, from Honeysuckle Picnic Area, Barrington Tops National Park. Limited spots. Book online at the Aussie Ark website.
- Mental as Anything Live, 7.30pm to 10pm at Gloucester Soldiers Club.
- Old Bar Markets, 7am to 1pm, at Old Bar Reserve.
- Pacific Palms Markets, 9am to 1pm, at Pacific Palms Community Centre.
- From Hidden Valleys film premiere (a short nature film with soundtrack by local composer, Jonathan Billingham) and gala concert featuring music by Tchaikovsky, Liszt and Rachmaninov for violin, cello, clarinet and piano, 2pm at the Gloucester Soldiers Club (part of the Chill Out Festival). Tickets: Child $15, pensioner $25, senior $30, adult $35.
- Bucketts Mountain Guided Bushwalk, three hours, difficulty - medium to hard. Meet at 1.30pm at the bus stop in Denison Street, Gloucester. Cost, donation towards Charlie Teo Foundation - Day for Derek (Brain Cancer Research).
- Copeland Hidden Treasures Tours, Mountain Maid Heritage Tour, 10am to noon at Heritage Precinct, Copeland Tops State Conservation Area. Adult $12; child $8, Family (2A+2C) $28. Bookings are essential, book at Gloucester Visitor Information Centre.