What's on in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester
- Taree Cup Weekend, starts Friday with eight race program, including the Hopkins Livermore Cup. Sunday is Taree Cup Day, 12pm to 5pm at Taree-Wingham Race Club, the feature race the Taree Gold Cup. Also includes Fashions on the Field presentation at 2pm.
- Ceramicist Steve Williams from Dollys Flat opens his art studio (317 Kardinia Rd) as part of the Australian Ceramics Open Studios, Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 4pm.
- Vietnam Veterans 75th celebrations. Saturday from 10am to 2pm at Nabiac Showground includes artisan market stalls and static display. On Sunday, March begins 10.30am at Nabiac School, Clarkson Street, and commemoration service starts 10.45am at Nabiac Cenotaph Memorial Park.
- Two day Beach and Bush - Mountain Bike Ride, starts at Tuncurry on Saturday. Day one distance 52km, 700 metres elevation gain and day two distance 54km and 400 metres elevation gain. Organised by Aussie Bike or Hike, phone 0408 692 990 for information.
- Art exhibitions at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, Kate Dorrough - The Lyrical River, Stewart MacFarlane - The Real World. Gallery hours: Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 1pm to 4pm.
- Lake View Gallery Exhibition, featuring the work of Rachel Reading, Shaun Clark, Trisha Fitzpatrick and Cathie Garrod from 11am daily at the Pacific Palms Recreation Club. Ends Saturday, August 17.
- Gloucester High School HSC Art Exhibition at Gloucester Art Gallery, official opening Saturday, August 17, at 6.30pm. Gallery hours Thursday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 10am to 1pm.
- Wingham Blue Light Disco at Wingham Services Club, for primary school aged children, seven to 12 years, tickets $5. Doors open 6pm for 6.30pm start.
- Preschool Storytime, 10.30am to 11.30am at Hallidays Point Library.
- Rudi's Farmers Market, 8am to 2pm, corner of Kanangra and Bushland Drives, Taree.
- Tucker Patch Farmgate Stall, 9am to 11am at Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Road, Gloucester.
- Shortcuts to Natural History Illustration workshop with Peter Schouten. First of six sessions at Manning Regional Art Gallery. Contact the gallery on 6592 5455 or email email@example.com
- Taree parkrun, Endeavour Place Car Park, 8am.
- Forster parkrun, Pebbly Beach, 8am.
- The Hub Market, 8am to noon at Taree Showground.
- Forster Farmers Market, 8am to noon at the Forster Visitor Information Centre.
- Tea Gardens Village Market, 8am to noon at Myall Quays Shopping Centre, Tea Gardens.
- Art workshop with Jo Ernst on Portraiture, 10am and 3pm at School of Arts building above Gloucester Gallery), cost $45, bookings essential. Tickets from Uptown Country, Gloucester.
- Marching to the Beat, the Australian Army Band Newcastle, 2pm at the Manning Entertainment Centre.
- Taree Cup Calcutta, from 5pm at Taree Leagues and Sports Club.
- Dirty Dog Tail Run, a trail run for hounds and their humans at Coopernook State Forest. The short course is about 4km run/walk or the long course about 8.5km run/walk. Go to www.dirtydogtailrun.com.au/ for tickets and information.
- PBM Hard Rock 6hour X/C Mountain Bike Race, 8am to 4pm at Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park.
- Krambach Markets, 8.30am to 1pm at the Krambach School of Arts Hall.
- Museum Carboot Sale, 9am to 1pm at Great Lakes Museum.
- Copeland Hidden Treasures Tours,Mountain Maid Heritage Tours, 10am to noon, Heritage Precinct, Copeland Tops State Conservation Area. Adult $12, child $8, family (2A+2C) $28. Book at Gloucester Visitor Information Centre.
While you're with us...
Did you know the Manning River Times is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up here.