With COVID-19 bringing Frederickton netballer Kim Commane back from the UK there's never been a better time for local netballers to hone their skills from the Team Bath goal-shooter.
Commane will be giving her time to help players in the Macleay work on whatever skills they wish to improve or develop.
"I'll be working on whatever players want to, I've got a couple of girls that have transitioned from defence to shooting and want to work on their attacking skills so we'll work on technique and movement," she said.
"They're one hour sessions and are obviously one-on-one to comply with social distancing regulations.
"I supply all the equipment so it's for anyone of any particular level, age or ability."
"If outdoor training restrictions do change I will look to see if there's potentially room to have smaller groups or have team sessions."
With community winter sport unable to start this year, Commane says these sessions can be a great release for those wishing to get back into physical activity.
"People are really looking for a sport outlet because at the moment there really isn't much you can do and all these players would normally be well into their season by now, so if I can help give them that outlet I'm happy to do it," she explained.
A session with Commane will cost $40 and she says she's been surprised to have already received interest.
"I've had five enquiries so far with those participants ages ranging from 11 to 16 years old," she said.
Commane said it was her mother who convinced her to do the sessions after considering the idea for a few weeks.
"When I was kid growing up in the Macleay there were no professional netballers coming up to the area to provide specialty training," she recounted.
"The thought of that made me talk to mum about the idea because I'd been thinking about it for a few weeks and she said I should go for it.
"It's nice to know that people out there want support in improving their skills and understanding the game better."
Netball is one of many sports in the Macleay that can return to training in groups of 10 as per the AIS framework, approved by the NSW government.
Macleay Netball Association has proposed possible season dates following the approval of that framework and a return to play statement from Netball Australia.
The association stresses that these dates are not confirmed.
Proposed is a start date of July 18, where a 10 round season will occur with grand finals held on September 19.
Netball Australia CEO Marne Fechner said in her statement that the priority is to preserve public health by minimising all risks.