From a medieval village to kombis on the beach, the Mid Coast region is set to have a spectacular line up of events for the next several months after council approved round one of its 2021 Event Sponsorship Program.
While not all of the 10 events that applied were approved nor did all those approved get the full amount requested, MidCoast Council unanimously adopted the recommendation to fund $64,750 of the $71,700 sought. The motion also included the 10 events previously approved for 2020 that were cancelled or postponed due to COVID.
The following events were approved:
- Manning River Dragon Boats - $1500
- Medieval Music and Meat Festival - $2500 (new event for Gloucester)
- Bulahdelah Show - $10,000
- Wingham Akoostik Music Festival - $9000
- Old Bar Beach Festival - $9,000
- Taree Show - $6,000
The following events were approved for a transfer of funds from 2020:
- All Abilities Kids Triathlon - $600
- Stroud Road Spring Bash n Bang - $500
- GLPD Dragon Boat Regatta - $650
- Gloucester HS Tri Challenge - $1000
- Taree Summer Regatta - $2000
- The Great Lakes Food Trail - $2000
- Myall River Festival - $5000
- Gloucester Mountain Man Tri Challenge - $6000
- Lakeside Music Festival - $8000
- Stroud Rodeo and Campdraft - $5000
A special report was included in the motion about the Naked and Nude Art Prize (Manning Art Gallery) application for $5000 that was previous given as a council donation. Councillor Len Roberts asked for this to be an ongoing donation without the required annual application.