MidCoast Council will continue to provide services to the community both online and via the customer service phone line while the NSW government's stay at home orders are in place for regional NSW.
Facilities, including customer service centres, libraries, visitor information centres, the Manning Regional Art Gallery and Manning Entertainment Centre, will close their doors to public access for the duration of the order.
General manager Adrian Panuccio said that while the majority of council facilities will be closed to the public, council staff will be continuing to work to deliver services for the community.
"Our customer service phone line will continue to operate, and we have a range of ways that the community can interact with us online, so the community can continue to do business with us during the coming week," Mr Panuccio said
Council has a detailed plan to continue to deliver services, while protecting its workforce, in line with any requirements of the State government.
"While a number of staff will be working from home, we are certainly committed to continuing our services to the community as seamlessly as possible.
"Our water, waste, sewer, works and maintenance services will continue as a matter of public health and safety, along with essential inspections and regulatory functions.
"These will all be undertaken with appropriate COVID-safe measures in place. This includes social distancing, frequent hand sanitising and wearing of masks."
See the full list of council facilities and their operations below,. Council's website and social media pages will continue to be updated with relevant information about the operation of council facilities and services.
For further information regarding the stay at home restrictions visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/COVID-19 or contact Services NSW on 13 77 88 with your COVID related enquiries.
- Customer Service Line operating as usual 8.30am - 4.30pm 7955 7777
- Online services operating as usual www.midcoast.nsw.gov.au/Council/Report-Request
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kerbside waste collection operating as usual
- Pounds operating as usual for pound adoptions and urgent animal control
- Parks / playgrounds / public toilets open
- Taree Airport open - services provided by Pelican Air
- Building Certification operating as usual
- Customer Service Centre Yalawanyi Ganya 2 Biripi Way Taree closed for in-person assistance, contact us as above
- Lodging Development Applications lodge online via the Planning portal: www.midcoast.nsw.gov.au/DAapply
- Gloucester Customer Service open as per normal due to requirements of Service NSW And Services Australia
- Stroud Customer Service closed for in person assistance, contact us by phone or online as above
- Forster Customer Service closed for in person assistance, contact us by phone or online as above
- Tea Gardens Customer Service closed for in person assistance, contact us by phone or online as above
- Libraries closed contact by phone - Gloucester 6538 5258, Forster 7955 7001, Taree 6592 5290 or email email@example.com
- Manning Regional Art Gallery closed contact by phone 6592 5455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manning Entertainment Centre closed 10am to 1pm Tuesday to Friday contact by phone 6592 5466 or email email@example.com
- Visitor Information Centres closed contact by phone 1800 802 692 operating normal business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- MidCoast Assist closed for all centre-based activities, however operating to provide essential services, contact by phone 1300 65 88 30
- Waste Management Centres, Tip Shops and Tuncurry Return and Earn closed to general public, open usual business hours for commercial waste
- YMCA Taree and Forster closed
- Gloucester Hydrotherapy Pool closed
- Council-managed Community Halls closed