Around 550 properties on the southern side of Gloucester will experience a second water interruption on, however, this time the outage has been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption.
The interruption is expected to extend from 10pm on Tuesday 26 October 26 until 2am on Wednesday October 27. The outage will affect the same properties that were impacted by the interruption earlier this month.
This includes properties on Henderson Street, Hawdon Street, Oak Street, Cemetery Road, Tate Street, Jacks Road and Fairbairns Lane, as well as the roads that connect with them.
MidCoast Council's Director of Infrastructure and Engineering Services, Rob Scott said he appreciates the patience shown by the Gloucester community as the town's water upgrade progressed and was glad this latest interruption could take place at night.
"We understand there has been quite a lot of work going on in Gloucester of late and that residents have already endured a number of outages, so it's convenient that our contractor can complete this latest round of work at night," Mr Scott said.
"We also apologise that the last outage on Tuesday October 12 took longer than planned, but the good news is that our contractor was able to complete additional pipe connections during that time, which has eliminated at least one of the future planned outages related to the project."
Mr Scott said residents should avoid using washing machines and dishwashers during the outage on Tuesday night.
"In addition, anyone who experiences discoloured water or air in their service following the interruption should turn on their taps and rinse for a couple of minutes," he explained.
"If the issue persists or you experience any other issues as a result of the shutdown, please contact our Customer Service team on 7955 7777."
For more information about the Gloucester Water Upgrade, please visit www.midcoast.nsw.gov.au/gloucesterwater