The Taree Craft Centre will host the annual Craftathon this weekend, November 18 to 19.
The event has been held for the past two years at Club Taree, and as feedback from patrons has been how much they prefer the venue, the club will once again be the setting where keen crafters will converge.
All sites are already fully booked and there will be a huge variety of handicrafts to see. On both days there will be ongoing demonstrations, workshops, and plenty of goods and crafting supplies on display and for sale.
Craftathon is open on Saturday November 18 from 10am to 4pm and Sunday November 19 from 10am to 3pm. Entry is $5 for adults with entry for children under 16 free if they are accompanied by an adult.
- 2017 Senior Christmas concert, 10.30am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 4pm at the Manning Entertainment Centre. Tickets available online.
- Storytime at Hallidays Point Library, 10.30am to 11.30am. Cost: Free.
- Bucketts of Movies presents ‘Pitch Perfect’, 7pm in Billabong Park. Cost: gold coin donation.
- Forster Famers Market, 8am to noon at Forster Visitor Centre, Little Street Forster. Cost: Free.
- The Hub Markets, 8am to noon at Taree Showground, Muldoon Street Taree. Cost: Free.
- National Recycling Week event, 9.30am to 3.30pm at Tuncurry Community Recycling Centre. Activities include composting and plant propagation, eco cleaning, knitting with t-shirts ans planter box making with the Wallis Lake Men’s Shed.
- Aboriginal basket and string making workshop, 10am to 3pm at the Manning Regional Art Gallery. Cost: $70 members and $80 non-members.
- Scraps to Soil workshop, 3.30pm to 5.30pm at Cundletown Community Garden, Main Street Cundletown. Cost: $20.
- Krambach Markets, 8am to 1pm at the Krambach Hall. Cost: Free.
- Gloucester Barefoot Bowls, 9am to 3pm at Gloucester Bowling Club. Event is a fundraiser for Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service. Cost: $12.
- Great Lakes Museum car boot sale, 9am to 1pm at 1 Capel Street, Tuncurry. Cost: Free public entry / $10 site fee for sellers.
On the weekend
- Great Lakes Pearl Dragons regatta at Elizabeth Reserve, Forster Keys. Starts 8am on Saturday.
- Bulahdelah Show at Bulahdelah Showground on Friday and Saturday. Gates open as early as 7am each day.