Work by artists who engage with everyday materials and imagery in surprising and transformative ways is on show at the Green Point Gallery.
Titled ‘Beyond the Ordinary’, it embraces the everyday as a subject matter through diverse material approaches and expressive forms including ceramics, drawing, painting, mixed media, sculpture, fibre and textiles.
The exhibition has been organised and curated by Jana Pearceova and Gerard Pearce at their studio and gallery.
It includes oil paintings and sculptures by Gerard, works of mixed media and textiles by Jana and select pieces by members of the textile collective, Manning Fibre Artists.
Green Point Gallery is located at 105 Green Point Drive and open daily until January 31 between 10am and 4pm.
For the remainder of the year the gallery is open by appointment.
- Ken Strong exhibition “Spectacle of the Harbour” at Gloucester Gallery.
- Rudi's Market, 8am to 2pm, Mentges Master Meats on the corner of Bushland and Kanangra Drive, Taree.
- School Holiday Program: Creative Painting at Hallidays Point Library, 10.30am to noon, ages five plus, $10 per child.
- School Holiday Program: Science on the Move at Wingham Library, 10.30am to 11.30am, five to 12 years, $7 per child.
- I wool if you wool...Feelings Felt Saturday session, 11am to 3pm at Manning Regional Art Gallery, Taree. A Play in four Acts, complementing the Art of Wool exhibition. Free.
- Northern Eagles Junior Touch Football Championships at Taree Recreation Centre, starts 8.30am.
- Taree Aquatic Sailing Club’s Manning Marathon from Manning Point to Taree. Race starts around noon, depending on conditions.
- Northern Eagles Junior Touch Football Championships at Taree Recreation Centre, play continues with grand finals to start about 1pm.