What's on in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester
- Manning Valley Quilt Exhibition at the Taree Craft Cottage Cafe and Craft Centre (corner of High and Pulteney streets, Taree). Friday 10am to 3.30pm, Saturday 10am to 3.30pmand Sunday 10am to 2pm. Entry $3 per person.
- Art exhibitions at Manning Regional Art Gallery, Macquarie Street, Taree. NSW Youth Week Youth Photography Exhibition, Into the Wild - Exploring the Past by Peter Schouten, Paradise of Waters, Movements and Impermanence by Angela Tay and Jennifer Catt (all closing this Sunday). The Art of Robbie Crane exhibition on until May 5. Gallery hours are Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 1pm to 4pm.
- 'Gone Painting' Art Exhibition, a retrospective exhibition of Jean Spokes art, at Gloucester Gallery. Gallery hours, Thursday to Saturday 10am to 4pm, Sunday 10am to 1pm. Monday to Wednesday please call ahead: 0425 203 877.
- Skate Jam Session, 4pm to 6pm at Taree Skate Park, part of NSW Youth Week. Workshop designed for beginner and intermediate levels. Informal coaching from YMCA skate staff and a barbecue.
- Live'n'Loud Taree, 6pm to 9pm at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, part of NSW Youth Week. Entry a gold coin donation.
- Byron Writers Festival: Writers on the Road tour comes to the Taree Library, 5.30pm to 8pm. Five authors to visit.
- Rudi's Farmer's Market, 8am to 2pm, on the corner of Bushland and Kanangra Drives in Taree.
- Tucker Patch Farmgate Stall, 9am to 11am, at Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Road, Gloucester.
- Preschool Storytime, 10.30am to 11.30am at Hallidays Point Library, at the Village Shopping Centre High Street.
- Manning Landcare hosts a farmgate tour of Cedar Party and Killabakh, with five properties open to the public. A map of the farmgate tour is available on the Manning Landcare Facebook page.
- Taree Hidden Heritage Hunt starts 7am and concludes at 6pm on April 19. All of the challenges take place in Manning, Victoria and Pulteney Streets, Taree. Teams of three or more, download the Scavify app to participate.
- Big Heart Hike, starting at Black Head Beach Surf Club at 6am, a 28km walk raising money for Forster Marine Rescue. Cost $50. Entry form at https://bighearthike.com.au/how-to-join-us/
- Thunderbolts Adventure starts 7am Saturday, finishes Sunday afternoon, a 250km ride for competent cyclists at Barrington Tops. To reserve your spot head to: graveleur.cc/thunderbolts-adventure-entry/
- Wingham Community Markets, 8am to noon at Wingham Skate Park.
- Three Brothers Produce Market, 8am to noon at Johns River Community Hall.
- Group Three Rugby League, Taree City v Old Bar Pirates, Jack Neal Oval, first grade at 2.30.
- Johns River Community Markets, 8am to 12.30pm at Johns River Community Hall.
- Gloucester Farmers Market, 8am to noon at Billabong Park, Gloucester.
- King of the Krater, 10am to 4pm at Tuncurry Skate Park. All ages competition including skate board, scooter and BMX.
- Short Film Festival, 20 finalist films from the Screenwave Regional Youth Film Festival will be shown from 12.30pm to 2pm at Tuncurry Memorial Hall.
- Peter Schouten Artist Floortalk, 2pm to 3pm at Manning Regional Art Gallery.
- Youth Week Taree parkrun, 8am to 9am, starting at Endeavour Place, Taree.
- Youth Week Martial Arts Demonstration, 10am to 11am at Tuncurry Memorial Hall.
- Group Three Junior Rugby League girl's league tag knockout (under 12s, 14s, 16s), Old Bar Reserve
- Life Drawing Studio, 11am to 12.30pm, at Manning Regional Art Gallery, Taree. Led by James Pearson, bookings essential.
- Forster Town Markets, 8am to 2pm, Town Park, Forster.
- Burrell Creek Markets, 9am to 12.30pm at Burrell Creek Hall.
- Great Lakes Open Art Exhibition, official opening 5pm, Lake Street Gallery, Forster. Exhibition open 10am to 4pm daily from April 14 to 28.