What's on in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester
- Exhibitions at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, Taree: 'Greetings from Taree', an exhibition of works by Trevor Dickinson, the Saltwater Freshwater Aboriginal Art Award and Contemporary Cultural Objects 2019, Children's Week Exhibition and the Manning Great Lakes Technology Display. Gallery hours 10am to 4pm Wednesday to Saturday and 1pm to 4pm on Sunday.
- Biodiversity, a group exhibition by members of Dungog Arts Society at Gloucester Gallery. Official opening 2pm Saturday. Gallery open 10am to 4pm Wednesday to Saturday and 10am to 1pm on Sunday.
- Free your mind Friday, 10.30am to 12.30pm at Taree Library (knitting, colouring, Sudoku and crossword).
- Saltwater Freshwater printing collaboration, 10.30am to 3pm, at the Manning Regional Art Gallery. A drop in opportunity to collaborate on a concept driven linoprint work.
- Preschool Storytime, 10.30am to 11.30am at Hallidays Point Library.
- Rudi's Farmers Market, 8am to 2pm on the corner of Bushland and Kanangra Drives in Taree.
- Tucker Patch Farmgate Stall, 9am to 11am, Tucker Patch, Cemetery Road, Gloucester.
- Taree parkrun, 8am start from Endeavour Place.
- Forster parkrun, 8am start, at the Bicentennial Walk in the Pebbly Beach parkland off Head Street, Forster.
- Wingham Community Markets, 8am to noon at Wingham Skate Park in Dennes Street.
- Cundletown Market, 8.30am to noon at the Cundletown Community Garden, Main Street, Cundletown.
- Johns River Community Markets, 8am to 12.30pm at Johns River Community Hall.
- Three Brothers Produce Market, 8am to noon at Johns River Community Hall.
- Gloucester Farmers Market, 8am to noon at Billabong Park, Gloucester.
- Paton Hall Fete, 9am to 2pm, Coopernook Uniting Church, Petrie Street, features numerous baking stalls, Christmas cakes and puddings, quilt exhibition, woodturning stalls, devonshire tea, barbecue, huge sale in Coopernook Pop Up Op Shop.
- Saltwater Freshwater weaving collaboration, 10.30am to 3pm at the Manning Regional Art Gallery. Collaborate on a concept driven weaving work that will travel with the exhibition to the Saltwater Freshwater nations to then become part of the Saltwater Freshwater Collection.
- Scraps to Soil, 1pm to 3pm at Cundletown Community Garden. Fee is $20 and includes workshop attendance and either compost bin and aerator or a worm farm and worms to get started at home. Visit midwaste.or.au/composting to register.
- Jane Rutter Masterclass, 2.30pm to 4.30pm at the Manning Entertainment Centre. Limited spaces, registration is essential. Call 6592 5466 for further information about what you will need to bring. A 'check in' with her for locals about their musical work.
- Peter Cousens Singing Masterclass, 2.30pm to 4.30pm at the Manning Entertainment Centre. Limited spaces, registration essential. Call 6592 5466 for further information about what you will need to bring.
- Forster Town Markets, 8am to 2pm at Town Park, Forster.
- All Abilities Kids Triathlon, 8.30am to 3pm at Great Lakes Aquatic Centre - YMCA. Course: swim in pool, bike ride, run on field. Register online www.forstertriclub.com.au (on the day registrations available).
- Copeland Hidden Treasures Tours, Mountain Maid Heritage Tours, 10am to noon at Heritage Precinct, Copeland Tops State Conservation Area. Bookings essential at Gloucester Visitor Information Centre.
- Manning Great Lakes Firefighters and Emergency Services Fundraiser, 11am to 5pm at John Wright Park, Tuncurry. Live music by Humpdaay and Jimmy Mac.
- Special Tutored Life Drawing with James Pearson, covering the fundamentals of life drawing from 11.30am till 12.30pm (prior to Life Drawing Studio). Spaces limited to 12 people, bookings essential. Cost $30.
- Life Drawing Studio, 1.30pm to 3.30pm at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, bring your own materials and easel, relaxed atmosphere, untutored group, newcomers welcome.
- West End musical star, Peter Cousens, and legendary flutist Jane Rutter perform at the Manning Entertainment Centre, starts 2pm. Visit themec.com.au for more information.